Hebrew School Educators
2023-2024 (part-time, 2/hrs per week)
Since our founding in 1825, B’nai Jeshurun (BJ) has been at the forefront of the American Jewish experience. As we approach our third century, our vision is focused on the spiritual work of transformation and on the creation of a Jewish path that is authentic, profound, and helps all members of our community seek and live their purpose to the fullest.
Our spiritual leaders and our nearly 1,800 member families share a vision of a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive community that offers many paths to Jewish religious life, while supporting one another in their spiritual quests. We are committed to honoring tradition while re-imagining and innovating our practices and programs to create a vibrant, contemporary, and relevant Jewish life for all who are seeking it.
The vision of the Family Life and Learning department is to ignite families to live a Jewish life with a renewed purpose and connection to Jewish learning.
B’nai Jeshurun is seeking part-time creative, dedicated, and tech-competent educators to teach in our Hebrew School program, Kadima@BJ. We are searching for enthusiastic and knowledgeable individuals who will partner with us in keeping Judaism relevant and exciting for our students and their families.
Our Kadima@BJ model places an emphasis on tefillah, spirituality, music, and community. Kadima@BJ meets on Tuesdays from 4:00-6:00pm.
- Act as a positive Jewish role model for our students
- Fulfilling all aspects of the curriculum
- Creating an email distribution list for the parents of students in your class(es) and emailing updates to the parents each week that school is in session
- Maintaining accurate records of student performance, behavior and/or learning challenges
- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for learning in connection with all school activities
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Prior experience teaching and writing lesson plans is preferable, but not required
- Jewish education (preferred, but not required)
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- All educators must be fully (with at least one booster) vaccinated against Covid-19
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, professional development, mentoring, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment. This is a part-time teaching position and pay will be based on experience level.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
Teachers must be able to travel to B’nai Jeshurun’s location. Stooping, bending, and reaching for and carrying files or supplies, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.
Please send resume and cover letter to Danielle Freedman at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Hebrew School Educators.”
B’nai Jeshurun is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in recognition of our values, commitment to social justice, and responsibility to our spiritual leaders and staff, congregants, and the communities within which we live and work. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, veterans, immigrants, and LGBTQIA+ applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com