Manages and oversee day to day aspects of the contracted HDML Programs. Serves as liaison with Caterers, Department for the Aging (DFTA), Citymeals, and Case Management offices. Direct supervisor to office staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the program in accordance with Kashruth laws, agency policies, and policies of the New York City Department for the Aging.
- Directly manages work assignments and supervises office staff.
- Works with Director of Nutrition Services in preparing materials for DFTA and NYC Comptroller’s Office audits.
- Oversees assignments of meal deliveries and routes.
- Ensures alternate meals are provided i.e. special requests or special diets.
- Oversees route distributions for kosher / non-kosher / hot / frozen meals.
- Ensures contact with Case Management for ‘clients not at home’ has been established.
- Monitors End of Route temperatures.
- Assists in responding to problems or emergencies reported by drivers and deliverers.
- Manages the day to day personnel issues of staff including interviewing and hiring of new employees.
- Oversees program scheduling by approving vacation time and personal time off.
- Enters and submits payroll.
- Assists Director of Nutrition Services in preparation of materials and participates in trainings and in-service.
- Completes performance evaluations.
- Implements employee discipline as needed.
- Supervises collection of client contributions and ensures maintenance of appropriate fiscal controls.
- Oversees and participates in completing weekly meal contribution reporting forms.
- Oversees preparation of banking and record keeping.
- Oversees statistics reporting
- Oversees repairs and routine maintenance of vehicles.
- Oversees cleanliness of meal delivery trucks.
- Works with staff in optimizing routes
- Maintains inventory of vehicles including required paperwork and records.
- Acts as liaison with funding sources, other agencies, and community resources.
- Work as liaison with JASA Director of Nutrition Services and JASA of Case Management if meals cannot be delivered or cannot be delivered on time.
- In the event of a citywide emergency, other disaster, or terrorist attack, once the nature of the emergency is determined, will work with the JASA Director of Nutrition Services and Senior Administration to coordinate efforts to restore service.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- Completion of Associate of Arts degree.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Five or more years related experience in a supervisory role.
- Good writing/record keeping and statistical skills required.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends as assigned by management
- Ability to read, write, speak, and follow directions in English.
- Basic knowledge of food costs and knowledge Jewish dietary laws.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License required.
Rate $21.00 per hour
JASA Promotes Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
JASA is passionate about fostering an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
We commit to promote equity across all lines of difference including race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and pregnancy), national origin, and disability.
We best support independent, engaged lives of meaning and social connection for aging and vulnerable New Yorkers when we create a work environment that honors and reflects the voices, perspectives, and experiences of all JASA employees and the communities we serve.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment