ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Beacon afterschool and summer camp (if applicable) program and making sure all personnel are abiding by RiseBoro, funding source and licensing agencies policies and procedures. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the safety, security, and enrichment of each participant by following all RiseBoro after-school protocols and procedures regarding safety, supervision, accident, and incident reporting.
- Providing oversight and supervision of the entire program, including assisting in the development of budgets, aiding in budget modifications, working with funding sources, assisting with hiring and ongoing support, supervising and evaluating staff.
- Ensuring all required program elements are provided and carefully overseeing the processes of outreach, recruitment, application, enrollment, and retention.
- Ensuring program participants have every possible resource to attain their goals.
- Convening participant and parent orientations.
- Planning and organizing program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets, including enrollment goals, attendance milestones, program deliverables and participants outcomes.
- Completing quarterly RiseBoro Board of Directors reports.
- Maintaining contact with DYCD officials and staff throughout the program period.
- Preparing all required program reports for DYCD; ensuring all program reports and verification tools are submitted to DYCD on a timely basis.
- Ensuring program physical site has all required equipment and requirements, as outlined in our OCFS School Age Childcare (SACC).
- Ensuring all staff have appropriate training and documentation as outlined in our SACC and NYC DOH license, and any other requirement as outlined in our DYCD contract and/or license to operate a SACC program.
- Entering into consultant and subcontractor agreements for the delivery of program services; ensuring all documents required by RiseBoro, DYCD and DOH are on file. Ensuring all necessary approvals are secured prior to commencing services.
- Attending all necessary RiseBoro, DYCD, DOH, and OCFS trainings, as well as any other required licensing trainings.
- Performing any other task as deemed necessary by the Director of Youth Services.
- Ensuring program is appropriately staff as all times.
- Providing leadership and direction to the teams to ensure the delivery of high performance, acting as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated coach.
- Taking full responsibility for the performance management of the teams to ensure that quality and deadlines are achieved and maintained and that any issues are managed in line with RiseBoro policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinating training programs for new staff and identify training needs for current staff.
- Supervising and coordinating all program activities of staff; convening regular meetings with staff.
- Communicating on a daily basis with all staff to ensure all deadlines are being met, all issues are being addressed, and follow-up is properly documented.
- Preparing/reviewing timesheets on a bi-weekly basis and submitting them to the payroll department for processing. Maintaining all personnel and program records. Ensuring proper staff coverage for scheduled and unscheduled time off.
- Must have at least two years of supervisory experience and three years of experience administering youth programs.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet set deadlines, and must demonstrate strong organization, communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to manage and engage teams and work well with others.
- Willingness to go above and beyond program mandates for the safety and benefit of the children.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to understand the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities
- Have a demonstrated commitment to supporting communities who have experienced systemic oppression and bias (e.g. people of color, LGBTQ+ people, immigrants, justice involved persons, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.