Join the team at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its revolutionary teacher salaries and its outstanding results. TEP aims to achieve educational equity for students from historically underserved families by utilizing world-class teachers, while re-imagining the teaching profession as a place in which teachers prioritize their own growth as pedagogical experts and community leaders.
About the Role
The Director of Talent Acquisition is a dynamic leadership role that requires passion and expertise in attracting, developing, and retaining excellent people to serve our students and families. This individual oversees the development and execution of both long-range plan and short-term strategies to recruit and hire TEP teachers, social workers, leadership, and all non-instructional positions. This role is for an equity-driven individual who strongly believes in TEP’s revolutionary approach to attracting educational talent to underserved communities.
Talent Marketing, Recruitment, and Sourcing
- Target recruiting efforts for instructional and non-instructional staff by hosting and participating in recruitment events (such as TEP Info Sessions) and cultivating partnerships amongst industry contacts, associations, and TEP talent to identify outstanding candidates
- Craft high-quality job descriptions and job posts, and maintain relevant website recruitment pages using language aligned to TEP’s organizational vision
- Maximize TEP’s social media presence across various platforms; develop and manage all marketing efforts aimed at staff recruitment; manage marketing budget, oversee the design of all marketing materials, and manage all marketing partnerships to support organizational branding for talent acquisition and school branding.
- Partner with school leaders to develop new talent-related initiatives to maximize both staff retention and new talent acquisition
- Maintain and grow TEP’s robust pipeline of referrals from existing TEP teachers and staff; referrals are the single most successful mechanism for attracting strong-fit talent to TEP
- Manage all online recruitment platforms that TEP uses (Greenhouse and external Job Boards); coordinate all aspects of the hiring process from the time a candidate is a prospect to the time a job offer is made
- Manages all stages of the hiring process for all positions (instructional and non-instructional) within the TEP community.
- Screen all initial applications for all positions and advance top prospects to the next stage; conduct all initial interviews and evaluate all early-stage candidate tasks; advance finalists for each position to late-stage interviews and partial/full-day demo experiences with relevant members of TEP leadership
- Ensure a high-quality candidate experience with transparency, prompt follow-up, and clear and consistent communication
- Manages all data sets related to Talent Acquisition to track spending, hiring, and retention metrics
- Manage one staff member – the only other member of TEP’s recruitment team, who supports with all the responsibilities of this position
- Minimum 5+ years of leadership experience in the field of talent recruitment/acquisition
- Significant experience in screening and interviewing job candidates
- Passion for building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams
- Energized by big-picture talent strategy and innovation, while being eager to support the granular day to day needs of talent operations
- Able to build rapport quickly and establish and maintain productive and trust-based and relationships with a variety of individuals across diverse groups within the organization
- Deep commitment to equity in every aspect of the hiring process
- Exceptional writing ability and oral communication skills
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary in the range of $105K to $120K, based on the individual’s experience level
- Time Off: 5 weeks of vacation plus 11 federal holidays (New Year’s, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Indigenous People’s Day, Thanksgiving Thursday & Friday, Christmas).
- Guidance and Mentorship: Reports directly to TEP’s CEO
- Employee Wellness: We value your well-being through our Staff Food Program, Staff Retreats, and Wellness Programming
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental leave and dependent care account so you can care for your loved ones
- 403b Retirement Plan: We care about your ability to save for your future
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, including tuition and continuous learning reimbursements